Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ribbon Storage- Several Options

I've looked around and tried a few different things. Each example has it's positives and negatives. You'll just have to look at the space you have and what would work best for you.

RAIN GUTTERS
Materials
White plastic gutter (4in x 10ft) from Home Depot $6.98 They also come in brown, $1 more I believe.
White end caps $5.78 (comes in a pair) Also in brown with added cost.
White vinyl hidden hanger $1.72

After you buy your gutter the nice people at Home Depot will cut it for free. I asked them to cut my gutter into 2ft sections. I ended up with five sections.

I also decorated mine using  black vinyl cut out on my Cricut. The nice thing about this set up is the ribbon can stay on the spools. You just need to pull out the length that you want. Here is a top view.

Another example
Galvanized Gutter
Click below to see more ideas...




CONTAINERS/JARS
Here the ribbon is either left on the spools or taken off the spools and just fastened with rubber bands or safety pins.

DOLL PINS/CLOTHES PINS
Doll pins can be found in the wood section of the craft store. I have also heard some dollar stores carry them. Once the ribbon is wrapped around the pin, fasten the ribbon with a small pin. You can then store them in a decorative jar.

BYGEL WIRE BASKETS- IKEA
Entirely Smitten Blog 
You can buy these from Ikea for $1.99 The person who used these baskets removed the hangers and used them for other projects (magazine holder attached to a wall or desk).  I have not made these myself, but they are a great sturdy option for ribbon or any storage for that matter. Here is a closer look.
RIBBON RINGS
Ribbon Ring Website
These are nice if you like to display your ribbons in all their glory. Here is a closer look.

WIRE DRESS FORM

FOAM CORE BOARD-DRAWERS
Amazing Paper Grace Blog
Cut foam core into 2.5in x 2in squares. Wrap your ribbon around the foam core fasten with rubber bands or a pin. Then you can place in drawers and stack as many drawers as you need.

PANT HANGERS
You can find these almost everywhere.

UPCYCLE PLASTIC BOTTLES
Link to original Blog... Pics are self explanatory




PAPER TOWEL/DOWEL RODS
 As you can see there are so many different options for ribbon storage. I could not possibly list them all, but I hope this helps steer you into the right direction.

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, this is amazing too! I am always looking for ribbon storage. I have an addiction.

Jolayne said...

I know right! what's not to love about ribbon. There are so many awesome choices. The only down side is how to store them. lol.

Post a Comment