Friday, July 27, 2012

Cheeky Beauty Card

Here's a card I made for a friend Pydrah's Bday. I didn't take a picture of the inside, but I embossed vellum with a happy birthday folder on my Cuttle Bug and used it as a pocked for a gift card.


 I used the Cheeky Beauty stamp from The Greeting Farm and colored her in with Copic markers. It was my first attempt with the Copics and I think she turned out pretty good until I dropped a black ink pad on the left side of the image. lol. You can see the outline of the pad if you look by her skirt. oh well. I used a Nestabilites Label 9 to cut out the image.

I embellished the corner using lace, tulle, a feather, and a flower I made from a deconstructed floral stem that is normally use for flower arranging.
I used a string of metallic silver pearls ($2.50 at JoAnn's for 10 yards!) to make a banner with my friends name on it. I free handed the letters with a black gel pen. The strand was a bit to bright for the LO so I toned it down with Staz On black ink. I tried alcohol ink, but it was too subtle for what I wanted. I used Glossy Accents to glue the banners to the pearl strand.

Lastly I added a sentiment to the right corner, more lace to the bottom, and some Recollections Glitter on a Roll to the top for some sparkle. A few rhinestones and some distressing and she's all ready for the Bday party.



0 comments:

Post a Comment