Monday, February 20, 2012

Thank You Easel Card

My Hubby asked me to make him a card for a co-worker since he was transferring to another job. I thought an easel card would be perfect.

I hope she likes pink. Lol. Here's how I made it...

Measurements: I started with stock black cards from Micheals. They measure 5"x 6.5" Score a line 3 inches from end of the card. This will form a hinge in the card that you can attach the card face. Cut the card face 5" x 6.5"

The card face on my card has the words "Dorthy" and other embellishments. I distressed the background paper with distress ink. I also squished/crumpled the edges to give it a more crumpled look. The die cuts (shapes and lettering) are made with Home Accents cartridge for Cricut. I used Platinum Pearls liquid pearls to embellish the lettering.
I made the flower from flowers used in flower arranging. I like using these flowers because you can get a lot on one stem and if they are on sale or use a coupon you can get ~45 for $3. These happen to have a velvet texture so they were a little more expensive. I finished off the flower with a rhinestone brad by Recollections. I stamped out the "Thank You" with black ink and used Black Stickles to make the words pop a little.

I glued the "Thank You" banner and the flower to a piece of 1.5" x 6.5" black card stock. I then attached that to the bottom inside part of the card with foam tape. The raised cardstock acts as a stopper for the card face when the card face is propped open.
The butterflies are Martha Stewart punches. I used silver Stickles to make the body. I tucked a flower into the corner and finished off with some plastic beaded pearls.

Once you have your card face and stopper in place glue the card face to the  3 inched scored part of your card base. Just make sure that the card face lines up with the card base when the card is flat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment